If you want a conventional RAC environment, it's almost the same as 11g RAC on the entire infrastructure. Logically, there're at least three components that are required in this environment to make RAC run well.
- Shared storage: In this case, it's a NAS.
- Grid infrastructure: On two RAC nodes
- Cluster database: On two RAC nodes.
In this series, I will take the following major steps to build 12c RAC environment:
- How to Build 12c RAC (1/6) - Building a NAS for Shared Storage of RAC
- How to Build 12c RAC (2/6) - Building Two Servers for RAC
- How to Build 12c RAC (3/6) - Preparing for Installations of Grid and RAC
- How to Build 12c RAC (4/6) - Installing Grid Infrastructure
- How to Build 12c RAC (5/6) - Installing RAC Database
- How to Build 12c RAC (6/6) - Post-Installation Verification