What is Oracle Database Examples?
Oracle Database Examples is a package which contains various sets of product demostration files that we can apply them into the database. In the package, most of the demo files are SQL files, the rest are C, Java, Pro*C, makefile, etc.
Oracle Database Examples is not samples schemas, they are different, but relevant. The prerequisite of Oracle database examples is to have the sample schemas to be installed. That is to say, Oracle Database Examples is NOT sample schemas, don't be confused.
Here're product demostration sets introduced in this package:
- Data Mining Demos
- Globalization Support Demos (%ORACLE_HOME%\nls\demo)
- Message Gateway Common Companion Files (%ORACLE_HOME%\mgw\samples)
- Multimedia Demos (OS dependent)
- Precompiler Demos (%ORACLE_HOME%\precomp\demo)
- Spatial and Graph Demos (%ORACLE_HOME%\md\demo)
- Internet Directory Client Demos (%ORACLE_HOME%\ldap\demo)
- XML Demos (%ORACLE_HOME%\xdk\demo)
- Oracle Call Interface Demos (%ORACLE_HOME%\oci\samples)
- Oracle C++ Call Interface Demos (%ORACLE_HOME%\oci\samples)
- ODBC Companion (%ORACLE_HOME%\odbc\demo)
How to install Oracle Database Examples?
First of all, please download and uncompressed the zip file. In this case, the package is WINDOWS.X64_213000_examples.zip downloaded from Oracle.
The command initiates an OUI.