tnsping is a utility provided by Oracle to test the listener is available or not from clients. If there's any problem in the path to the destination, it will fail with different aspects. Here I list several possible error types below for your reference.
- "tnsping is not recognized as an internal or external command" or "tnsping command not found"
- tnsping message 3511 not found
- TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name
- TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
- TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out
- TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
- TNS-12547: TNS:lost contact
- ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor